Book Lover’s Guide
Search Tools for Readers
This page is designed to assist book lovers in their search for information in the library and online.
The CLAMS Catalog
CLAMS is the Cape Libraries Automated Materials Sharing online resource. Search and request across any participating Cape Cod library, and also across a huge number of libraries around the state, search the CLAMS Catalog
Book Club Web Resources
- BookPage – “Discover your next great book.” Search books by author, title or genre. There is a limited supply of the print edition available in the library.
- Bookreporter.com – Bookreporter offers new book information, reading lists, book news, and literary events.
- BookSpot.com-BookSpot is a free resource center that simplifies the search for book related content on the web. It is a well-organized site. Categories include What to Read, Genre Corner, Where to Buy…. Find book reviews, author information, publishers and much more.
- eSequels – eSequals is a reader’s guide to novels in series with brief annotations so you can find the newest title by your favorite author.
- Good Reads – Can’t decide what to read next? Goodreads is a great place for readers to find recommendations and discuss their favorite book.
- NoveList –
Novelist is a fiction database that can help you find book to read. You can search by author, title, series name and subject. You will need your library bar code, found on the reverse of your CLAMS card, to access this database.
- Reading Group Choices Online – Find book summaries, information about the author, reviews and discussion questions.
- Amazon. com – Amazon is an online bookstore that includes both in -print and out -of -print books.
- Barnes & Noble – is the bookstore’s online counterpart.
- AbeBooks.com – is an online marketplace where you can buy new, used, rare and out-of-print books, as well as cheap textbooks.
- BookPage – BookPage is a monthly book review online and in print. Free copies are available at the library. Find author interviews and book reviews.
- New York Times – The New York Times has an extensive archive of reviews, bestsellers, discussions, first chapters and more.
- The New York Review of Books – The New York Review of Books offers selections from its literary review.
- Washington Post – The Washington Post includes reviews, first chapters, bestseller lists, and other resources.
- Caldecott Medal – is awarded for the most distinguished American picture book for children. Find current and past winners.
- Man Booker Prize – official site for the annual contemporary fiction award to writers from the British Commonwealth and Ireland.
- National Book Awards – includes award winners from 1950 to the present in fiction, non -fiction, young people’s literature and poetry.
- Newbery Medal – offers information on current and past Medal winners for their contribution to children’s literature.
- Nobel Prize – is the official site of the Nobel Foundation. It offers biographical information for all winners.
- Pulitzer Prize -contains profiles of recent winners and a list of past recipients.